Our latest exhibition is looking at music in Whitchurch over the years. Have you any memories of groups that visted Whitchurch?
We’ve just finished putting the finishing touches to the exhibition, including the bunting. Kathryn and her team have worked hard to put on the exhibition which includes displays on Entertainment, Transport, Cookery and of course the Coronation.
The exhibition will run throughout June.
We would also like to thank Radbrook Culinary Museum for the loan of household items.
To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, Whitchurch Heritage Centre are putting on an exhibition about life in the 1950s. Visit us to remember, or discover, what life was really like in Whitchurch sixty years ago!
- Special display and video of the coronation itself
- Life in the home – what was cooking like in the 50s?
- The High Street then and now
- Entertainment and travel – how people enjoyed themselves
- If you have any special items from the 50s that you’d like to share with others, bring them along on Tuesdays and add your memories to our exhibition.