To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, Whitchurch Heritage Centre are putting on an exhibition about life in the 1950s. Visit us to remember, or discover, what life was really like in Whitchurch sixty years ago!
- Special display and video of the coronation itself
- Life in the home – what was cooking like in the 50s?
- The High Street then and now
- Entertainment and travel – how people enjoyed themselves
- If you have any special items from the 50s that you’d like to share with others, bring them along on Tuesdays and add your memories to our exhibition.