United Reformed Church, Dodington
(Grade II listed building)
A chapel was created on this site in 1813 from what had originally been a curriers shop. Many additions, alterations and improvements were carried out to the property throughout the nineteenth century.
The building has a red brick exterior with an ashlar sandstone facade. This imposing exterior features the inscription ‘Congregational Chapel 1846’ as well as three first floor arched windows. A two storey church hall is attached to the south-east corner.
The building has links with the composer Edward German. His father, John David Jones was the organist and choirmaster of the church for over thirty years.